Yes, I felt the need to capitalize LIEBSTER. After all, it’s not every day that you get nominated to a Liebster Award. AH Liebster, what a beautiful word! First of all, I’d like to apologize to Shruti for keeping you waiting. Sorry! I think we have some sort of war going on between us. Don’t worry it’s nothing serious. It’s only a nomination war! I hit her with her a Lovely Blog Award and she retaliated with the mighty Liebster Award. It’s a fiery war! Nah, I’m kidding with the war thing. We’ve got enough wars going on in this word, we don’t need another. Shruti is a great blogging friend and a talented writer. I bet she’s not a bad dentist either. My healing wisdom tooth is a proof of it. Go visit her blog.
Now, if you survived my humor without permanent psychological damage, I will present the rules:
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
And now, I present to you my odd answers:
1 . Which era would you like to be born in and why ?
Well, the future is unknown and the past is gone. (corniest quote ever but still true). I am stuck with the present era then. I admit it’s not the greatest era of all time, but it’s all we have. So leave the past behind and let the future unfold itself. Right now, let’s deal with our problems. And trust me, we have them in all flavors, so pick one.
2 . Jungle safari or snorkeling ?
Fill the safari with water and do Jungle Safari Snorkeling.
3 . One movie you never get tired of watching and why ?
500 days of summer. One of the all time greatest romance movies. It’s so unique and funny.
4 . What is it that attracts others to you ?
My very bitter sarcasm. Oh wait, that’s what drives them away. 😛
5 . If you were to choose a fictional character to marry , he/she would be ?
Tough question since I’m no longer attracted to fictional characters! All I’m saying is, it used to be Hermione Granger.
6 . If Einstein made a surprise stop over at your place , you would ……… ?
Get some tea, fill him up on the current events and have a discussion about religion, philosophy and science.
7 . Your definition of happiness would be …. ?
To live at peace with everything and everyone.
8 . If you are a skin changer or have the ability to transform into any living being what would you be ?
Thank you but I am very happy with my humble looks.
9 . Sweet or savory ?
10 . One quality you wish you had ?
Humility: to be free from pride and arrogance.
11 . You were to wake up either in a deserted island home to cannibals and wild beasts or in a haunted mansion no one would dare to venture , where would it be and with whom ? ( you cannot go back to sleep 😀 )
I would prefer the haunted mansion since I do not believe in ghosts. And I’ll take a dog with me, in case there are ghosts. (According to the movies, dogs sense them and bark: my cue to get the hell out of there).
11 facts about me:
1- This is the first time I’ve used the Bold feature in a post.
2- That might be a lie.
3- I don’t want to bore you guys with real facts.
4- I stole this excuse from Shruti.
5- These facts suck.
6- I wrote the nominees just under this section.
7- I wrote my questions just under the nominees.
8- I am skipping to 11.
11- I am a very odd person.
Here are my nominees:
3- Lola June @ Opposite the Border
8- Hope Nwosu
1- When did your passion for writing ignite?
2- Do you find yourself at ease when you’re surrounded by people or when you’re alone?
3- Name a book/quote/movie that inspired you to live this way.
4- Were the people that changed your life enemies or friends?
5- What are the things you value in this world?
6- Tea or Coffee?
7- Did you follow your parent’s footsteps or did you create your own way?
8- What’s the most valuable lesson life has taught you?
9- Optimistic or pessimistic about the way our world is heading?
10- One quality you wish you had.
11- Dou you believe we can reach perfection?